Super7 is Hiring!
Who we are:
Founded in San Francisco in 2001, Super7 is one of the most influential and sought after toy brands in the market today. By combining our deep knowledge of toys as collectors, with our attention to manufacturing and design, Super7 creates unique and inspiring toys, apparel, events, and experiences that differentiates Super7 from any other toy company. No one made what we wanted, so we made it ourselves.
What we are looking for:
Super7 is looking for a full-time Industrial Designer to join our Design team in San Francisco! The Industrial Designer will be responsible for the planning, development and production of action figures across a variety of licenses. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Design, managing concept drawings and working with sculptors to develop the master sculpts used by our factory for final production. This role combines creativity and project management; the Industrial Designer will create and own the product development life cycle of various projects.
About the responsibilities:
- Draw technical illustrations of character turnarounds following Super7 style guides, being mindful of how the character will transform into a physical sculpt
- Create color guides of character with PMS color call-outs, based on reference materials and Super7 color palettes
- Work closely with freelance sculptors and illustrators to communicate the creative and technical requirements of each project
- Provide feedback to sculptors by creating draw-overs and call-outs for revisions and continue this iterative process until the sculpt is finalized
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks and projects are being completed on time
- Work cross-functionally with the Licensing and Production teams to ensure all projects are on track with licensing approvals and product development
- Communicate requirements with our vendors in a clear, detailed and timely manner, resolve any artwork and quality issues that arise during production
- Manage the sampling process by tracking samples by date and version, photographing samples, making detailed revision notes
- Review pre-production and final samples to develop QC (quality control) guides
About the skills & requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving, time management and analytical skills
- A team player with a sense of humor, urgency and positivity
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient photography and editing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in product design, toy design and/or manufacturing of hardline goods
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- CAD skills
- Understanding of the manufacturing process (ie. plastic, injection molding, OEM, etc.)
How to get in touch with us:
Please provide a sample of your portfolio via PDF or website link, along with a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter, including Industrial Designer in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls or in-person visits please.
Please check our website to see if you are a good fit for our team: